Thursday, June 3, 2010

Surprise!

sur·prise

1) (n.) The act of coming upon, or taking, unawares; the act of seizing unexpectedly;
2) (n.) To come or fall suddenly and unexpectedly; to take unawares; to seize or capture by unexpected attack
3) (n.) To strike with wonder, astonishment, or confusion, by something sudden, unexpected, or remarkable; to confound; as, his conduct surprised me.
4) (n.) Anything that causes such a state or emotion.
5) (n.) To lead (one) to do suddenly and without forethought; to bring (one) into some unexpected state; -- with into; as, to be surprised into an indiscretion; to be surprised into generosity.
6) (n.) A dish covered with a crust of raised paste, but with no other contents.



***********************************************************************************


Something must be in the air at casa de Arnett-- Last week I was taking a nap after a long day at le office and I woke up to a singing Travisimo (the hubby). He was just walking around the house aimlessly. Of course I woked up groggy and super annoyed. I heard Travisimo say,
"Hey! What's that on your pillow?"
My eyes adjusted and I lifted my head to find a gift card for a one hour massage including gratuity. I was very surprised and so happy! The hubs was very proud of himself- as he should be.



Suprise #2
Around the time of working and pretending to be working- which is about 3:30pm--- I was just sitting at my desk "working." I heard the door open and I saw Travisimo struttin' his "dippy" self towards my desk--- it was very intense-- I noticed he was hiding something behind his back... and he was grinning ear to ear..... and BOOM! ROSES!!!



It was so sweet! This is an upgrade to the rose bush he had delivered to work 3 years ago for Valentine's day. I was so bajiggity! aka happy, excited

The flowers are the only thing worth a damn on my desk at this point.


( And yes that would be my blog up on my computer at work... oops- BUSTED!)


Surprise #3



Travisimo encourages this new writing/ blogging/ uploading my thoughts hobby. So, he put together a little station for me in the guest bedroom. He cleaned out the old ThinkPad and has dontated to my blogging cause. He even set it all up for me. How very nice!




Surprise #4

Travis bought a new truck last week and I just found out yesterday. He wasn't going to tell me about it... he just wanted to see how long it would take me to notice it was new.

For about 6 days I thought that I was getting surprises because he loved me... really it was because he got a new truck and didn't tell me.

Awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Um, your household is one of the only ones I know that would allow a truck purchase w.out prior approval. That's fantastic! Love the desk btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsa tee-ravis is full of surprises

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for what it was going to be- another ode to Dixon permamently etched on his bod? A purchase of a tank?

    Does the new truck look just like the old one?

    ReplyDelete