Thursday, July 8, 2010

My Soundtrack of Life... College, Heartbreak & Mistake

Have you ever thought about what your life would be if you had a soundtrack? I would love it! At 30 years old, I would already have one hell of a playlist. We all have chapters of life. When you were younger... and I am talking middle school high school- that is what young is to me now... you just cared about talking to your friends on the phone and three-way calling and what was going to happen in the next episode 90210 - the "Brenda, Dylan, Kelly" love triangle.

When I talk about life soundtracks I am talking about heartache and mistakes. I like to call that the college years. We all have had our fair shares of those. In college, every booty shaking song and every song that made me feel better about some A-hole, M-F'er fuckin' me over, was a song for that chapter of my life.

Juvenille's Back dat ass up and Cisco's Thong song played as I danced my ass off at a bar called "Scandals." REASON it was called Scandals: when songs like this came on-- you could see everyone doing the "Rub my crotch on your butt" dance move. I should have known that would be a dangerous dance move because the next thing you know some guy is in my face singing Big Pun's "I don't want to be a playa no more." You could smell the sweat and see all the bad decisions happening right before your eyes.





As my under age drinking days came to an end and I could make it out to clubs in the Queen City legally... I made bad more bad decisions and relied on on songs that although were old made everything better. DJ Sammy's rendition of "Heaven" by Bryan Adams and Mr. Big's "Just to be with you" were two songs that will always remind me that the tears I cried for the Marine and the Charlotte "Jerry" were all for good reason.

There was the Dave Matthews part of my life that was mixed with a little Incubus--- those were "Sexy Time" nights... also known as mistakes. If a guy is playing either of these bands, your head gets foggy and you think you are making out with this...



But really you are making out with this....



Songs like "Lover Lay Down"+ Vodka + Beers = bad decision which led the other Dave Matthews song called "Say goodbye." I mean, I am not genius, but if you mix alcohol, a "sexy time" song and a hot guy---it's never never good at 19, 20 or 21.


College Heartache & Mistake
Soundtrack includes:


"Back dat ass up" - Juvenile

"Thong Song" - Cisco

"My Love don't cost a thing" - J.Lo

"I dont' want to be a playa no more" -Big Pun feat. Joe

"Just to be with you" - Mr. Big

"Walk away" - Ben Harper

"There you go" -P!nk

"Lover Lay Down" - Dave Matthews band

"Heaven" Bryan Adams/ DJ Sammy

"Wish you were here" -Incubus

"Say Goodbye" -Dave Matthews


I obviously was not "good" and only sometimes "good at it."


No comments:

Post a Comment