Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebrate good times... come on!

Perks and Me


Tis the season for weddings! Travisimo and I and the Perkinsons took a trip to Jacksonville, FL for EMac's wedding. We got a 'friends and family' discount at the Hyatt on the River- thanks to Yasmin- my favorite Indian (dot not feather).

We shared a room with the Perks and it was so fun! -- not in the "swingers" fun way.
We did have a fire alarm go off at 2:45am- which only Katie and I got up for. We left our husbands passed out. They would rather die in a fire then walk down 14 flights of stairs. Thankfully, there was no fire and we got $30 off our hotel bill for the inconvenience.

Sharing a room with another couple is like a slumber party for adults. A certain Spaniard who name rhymes with "bottom" thought it was odd that two married couples were sharing a room. IT'S CALLED CHEAP, bitch! The Spaniard "Bottom" was probably the #1 annoying thing all weekend. Can we say needy? I will usually give a person a chance when I first meet them, but this one was Needy McNeedy.

Example #1: Spaniard along with the rest of us were on our way to the Wedding luncheon (DAY OF WEDDING) and had to take a Water Taxi to the venue. We get to the dock and no boat.
SIGN SAYS: "Water taxis every 10-15 mins." McNeedy just doesn't understand-- Maybe if it was in Spanish she would. She proceeds to call the Bride to ask her about the Water Taxi situation. WHO DOES THAT?! The bride has other things to deal with McNeedy!


Example #2: Night of wedding on the way to the wedding in the bus... As we are walking off the
bus, the Spaniard asks me if she can put her sandals in my bag. I say "No. Why did you bring two pairs of shoes?"

She says "Everyone did!"

As I look around I say, "Ummm... NO EVERYONE DID NOT."
BEING GOOD: I let her put them in my bag.
BEING GOOD AT IT: However, I told her, "Do not be surprised if your shoes are left on a table at the end of the night!
WHO IS THIS GIRL? GO BACK TO SPAIN!

The weekend was great and so much fun! We danced and drank and celebrated two very amazing people! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Mairs! Much love! XOXO






3 comments: