Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My very first Tomato Pie

I have never really been a fan of tomatoes. I mean, I like ketchup and spaghetti and tomato basil soup. I do not like tomatoes on my sandwiches, however I love BLTs. As of lately, I have grown to like tomatoes. All kinds-- roma, vine, cherry, fried green and even pie.


Summer Totmato Pie

Pre made pie crust
9 inch pie tin
4 medium sized tomatoes (sliced thinly)
1/2 cup of minced fresh basil
1 Tablespoon of water
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 reg size block of Havarti Cheese (cubed)
salt and pepper
diced ham (optional)

Place pie crust in pan
Heat water, sugar and lemon juice until sugar is disolved
Brush mixure evenly on the pie crust

Layer tomatoes in crust & Salt and Pepper
Add a layer of cheese and sprinkle some basil
(REPEAT tomatoes, cheese and basil layer 2 more times)

Bake for 45 mins or until golden brown
Let sit for 20 mins for pie to settle and cool


ENJOY!





The final picture doesn't look so good, but it was delicious!

FIRST TIMER!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that looks good. I have never used havarti before for that recipe. I will try it!

    ReplyDelete